Tobacco Leaf Bread & Butter
- This extravagant design was originally made in China, probably for export to the Portuguese and Brazilian markets.
- Of all the 18th century dinner patterns, this was the most highly prized.
- A small phoenix bird perches on the leaves of the flowering Nicotiana (Tobacco) plant.
- Twenty-seven colors and 22k gold make up this pattern based on an original in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- This pattern, one of the longest running patterns by Mottahedeh continues its strong popularity today, showing that good design is timeless.