Cinnamon, Spice & ApplePie Cookbook
- Nothing beats a home-baked fruit dessert served warm from the oven. Whether bubbling up with delicious juices, fragrant with spices, or encased in crisp buttery pastry, fruit desserts are comfort food at its very best.
- In Crumbles & Streuselsyou’ll find traditional recipes such as Apple & Blackberry Crumble, as well as plenty of new ideas such as Cranberry and Orange Streusel. A chapter of Cobblers & More includes recipes guaranteed to become family favorites—try Blueberry and Lemon Polenta Cobbler or an indulgent Molasses Banana Cobbler. For a fun twist on a cobbler, try a Plum and Hazelnut Pandowdy. Bettys & Crisps are easy to make yet delicious to eat—try an Apple Brown Betty with Dried Cranberries and Pecans, Caramel Apple Crisp, or Nectarine and Ginger Crisp.
- Rich battered desserts such as Clafoutis, Slumps, & Puddings are simplicity itself to make and always impressive. Try a classic Cherry Clafoutis, an Apricot and Almond Slump, or Baked Brioche Pudding with Blackberries.
- If pastry is yourthing, you’ll find the perfect recipe in Pies, Tarts, & Strudels. Try a slice of spiced Dutch Apple Pie, Free-form Caramelized Peach Tart, individual Apple and Blueberry Tarts, or Praline Apple Strudel, all perfect for fuss-free entertaining.
- Deliciously moist Dessert Cakes to be eaten with a fork and served with plenty of chilled cream include Strawberry Buttermilk Cake, Pear and Ginger Crumble Cake, and Upside-down Peach Cake.
- Comfort food is enduringly popular and this book provides more than 65 simple recipes for much-loved baked fruit desserts.